OCOA Member Benefits
The Ohio Campground Owners Association (OCOA) is a trade association representing over 150 private campground owners doing business in the State of Ohio. Your membership brings services such as enhanced marketing, legislative and regulatory representation, educational opportunities at conferences, and industry communications.
The following are OCOA member benefits and services:
- Free Listing in Ohio Campers Magazine: All members receive a listing and map locator on the state and regional map in the Ohio Campers Campground & Travel Guide – OCOA’s official directory with distribution of 180,000 and in the online electronic version located on our website. Deadline: Sept. 1st.
- Free listing on OCOA’s website www.ohiocampers.com: The website features information on camping, and tourist activities and information on member campgrounds, and the ability to search by city or name. Click Here to See Example Listings
- OCOA E-Newsletter: is sent several times per year to members apprising them of industry updates, educational opportunities, and government affairs updates such as changes in laws and regulations, etc.
- RV and Travel shows: OCOA attends a number of travel shows to promote camping and tourism in Ohio at the several RV Shows each year.
- OCOA Conferences: Educational opportunities are offered at OCOA’s spring and fall meetings. Each spring OCOA holds an educational conference offering classes on various topics and a trade show featuring industry exhibitors. Each fall, OCOA hosts a campground tour where members tour a number of campgrounds to gather information and ideas and ask questions.
- Legislative and Regulatory representation: OCOA employs the lobbying firm Government Advantage Group to protect and promote the interests of private campgrounds in the State of Ohio.
- Workers’ Compensation Discount: We offer a group-rating program that provides members greatly reduced workers’ compensation premiums through industry class grouping, effective cost-containment procedures, enhanced safety in the workplace and thorough medical management of any claims. We work with the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation to provide an enhanced safety for campground employees.
ARVC Member Benefits
The Ohio Campground Owners Association (OCOA) is a proud affiliate of the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC). All OCOA members are members of ARVC and vice versa. ARVC is the only national association exclusively representing the interests of RV parks and campgrounds in the United States. ARVC works hand in hand with their 3,000+ members, and their strength in numbers nationwide places them in a unique position that enables powerful partnerships and a strong portfolio of member benefits.
As an ARVC member, you’ll benefit from:
- Exclusive money-saving programs and discounts from over 120 supplier partners: By leveraging the buying power of thousands of member parks, ARVC is able to negotiate significant discounts from national suppliers on products and services that are essential to the successful operation of your business. These special pricing programs include everything from paper products, propane and maintenance and electrical supplies to liability and health insurance, vehicle and equipment purchases, wireless phone service and music licensing.
- Powerful legislative and regulatory advocacy programs and resources: ARVC monitors state and national policy issues that affect RV parks and campgrounds and take action to protect your interests.
- Professional Development/Industry Education Program: Advance your industry expertise through a wide variety of flexible educational enrichment options and curriculum choices through ARVC’s Outdoor Hospitality Education Program (OHEP) and by attending ARVC’s Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo.
- Networking opportunities with peers, industry experts and suppliers: ARVC’s nationwide network of fellow park owners and operators, vendors and industry experts is the best place to share experiences and exchange ideas.
- A members only listing on GoCampingAmerica.com: ARVC’s online RV park and campground directory is visited nearly one million times each year by campers planning their next adventure. As an ARVC member, you receive a complimentary free listing in this exclusive directory, giving your park visibility to a nationwide audience.
- Marketing, Management and Operational Resources and Programs: ARVC provides a members’ only website, magazine and monthly e-newsletter, all filled with innovative ideas, operational strategies, industry insights, expert perspectives and vendor resources to help you improve your park’s operations and find the products and services you need.